|Address:||501 N. Pioneer Road||County||Beckham|
The WPA constructed the Ackley Park baseball field, stadium and boy scout hut in 1939. Mostly used in early 1940s as semi-pro baseball park for the Elk City Brown Sox, a local team in the collegiate Red River League.
Boy Scout Hut
Native stone house with concrete porch, windows have been changed.
Fence and Seating
Native Stone surrounding the Baseball Stadium. The area was formerly used as a rodeo arena for the Butler Brothers Rodeos. After completion of the baseball stadium a semi-pro baseball team played here that won four straight state titles from 1948 to 1951 .
WPA Appropriations: $46,000.
- The Living New Deal
- Oklahoma Landmarks Inventory Nomination
- Boy Scout Hut Oklahoma Landmarks Inventory Nomination
- Baseball Field Oklahoma Landmarks Inventory Nomination
- Baseball’s golden age recalled, The Oklahoman, July 7, 2001.