|Address:||340 W. 1st Street, Norman, Oklahoma||County||Cleveland|
Construction as the Business Administration building, or Adams Hall as it was soon to be called, for the University of Oklahoma by the PWA. The building would provide 38,000 square feet of much needed space. Located at the corner of Asp and Brooks street, it would feature a Tudor style arched doorway, statues, located above pylons on each side of the entrance, representing “Industry” and “Commerce”. Both statues were designed by Julius Struppeck, a OU student at the time, who also created the Holmberg Hall Murals. These statues were placed showing the four major industries of the state – petroleum, mining, commerce, and agriculture.
- The Living New Deal
- Making Modern America, The University of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Landmarks Inventory Nomination
- “Business Administration Building” Sooner Magazine 7, no 8 (May 1935)
- Arthur B. Adams. “Homecoming for Business Administration Alumni” Sooner Magazine 9, No. 1 (October 1936)