Destroyed by fire May 2014, Torn down.
“Banner School, constructed in 1935, was one of the 825 schools constructed in Oklahoma by the Works Progress Administration.
Banner School is located at 1124 W. Warner in northwest Guthrie. The school was constructed in 1935 by the WPA. Unlike the red native stone buildings so prominent in the region, this school is constructed of several shades of tan brick. The brick was scored with vertical striations. This is a one-story building which was an elementary school. The windows are equipped with horizontal, exterior metal movable sun shades. The building is currently vacant and not in use…
To the left of the main doors, at waist height is a large cornerstone documenting the date and administrators connected with this project and school. The cornerstone shows the date of 1935 and at the bottom reads: “WPA Project 6-91 / W.S. Key State Adm. / W.L. Berry Div. Dir.”” 
Update: In May, 2014 this lovely WPA school was destroyed by a fire set by vandals and is now in ruins.
- The Living New Deal – https://livingnewdeal.org/projects/banner-school-guthrie-ok/
- Oklahoma Landmarks Inventory Nomination – http://oli_shpo.okstate.edu/query_result.aspx?id=67883&pbc=P