|Address:||East Shawnee Street, Tahlequah, Oklahoma||County||Cherokee|
“This is an arch bridge constructed in 1941 as a WPA project. It spans the Tahlequah Creek and has a two-lane asphalt surface known as East Shawnee Street.
“The bridge is supported by four concrete pillars, two on each side of the creek. The sidewalls of the bridge have four smaller pillars on each side, connected with metal pole railing. One of these smaller pillars is embossed with the WPA shield and reads ‘WPA 1941.’”
- The Living New Deal – https://livingnewdeal.org/projects/80252/
- Waymarking.com – http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMQEGW_WPA_Bridge_E_Shawnee_St_Tahlequah_OK