|Address:||W. Main and N. Ash Ave., Ada, OK 74820||County||Pontotoc|
“In 1939, the WPA constructed tennis courts (no longer in existence), rock retaining walls, concrete footbridges, and stone drainage ditches. The retaining wall has vertical piers at the top, which served as parking ‘curbs’ for street level parking.” There is a “WPA shield engraved on a rock in the drainage ditch area.”
Glenwood Park is an excellent example of a total recreational facility created by the WPA in urban neighborhoods. It reflects, also, the board interpretation given by the agency to “useful” projects. Construction of it also provided jobs for destitute and unemployed agricultural workers.