|Address:||17th St. Duncan, OK 73533||County:||Stephens|
“Halliburton was founded in 1919, and is one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the oil and gas industry. It employs more than 75,000 people, in approximately 80 countries. Named for this high-profile presence in Duncan, Halliburton Field was constructed as a WPA project in 1941, with an appropriation of $19,311. It is located at 17th and Pine.
Stone and concrete walls and bleacher foundations, as well as ticket offices and locker rooms show the distinct use of native stone in Oklahoma WPA projects. The tall announcer’s booth on the west wall has been added at a later date.
Photos from the 1980s on the Oklahoma Landmark Inventory database (visit link) show some deterioration at that time, but today the walls are restored and the field is actively used as the Duncan High School home field for their team, the Demons. Much of the stone is painted tan, with red trim. The stone wall along the north side of the stadium has a metal fencing placed between it and the road.” (waymarking.com)