|Address:||13th and Shartel, Harn Park, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma||County||Oklahoma|
“Alice Harn Park is located at 13th and Shartel. The land was donated as a gift to the children of Oklahoma City in 1910. The park is a green belt – a long strip with two circular ends, much like a barbell.
At the south end of the park, a native stone wall has been constructed. The wall is approximately four feet high and twelve feet long, with a center section which rises another three feet. The wall and bench area are accessed by wide, two-tiered stone steps. Facing this wall are two large semi-circular stone benches. To the south of this area a shallow amphitheater has been formed, using several concentric circular stone walks/seating. On the north side of the wall, a circular stone strip forms a garden area with a stone platform on which a sculpture of a child stands. None of these items are marked as WPA, however, this area appears on a listing of WPA projects in Oklahoma in the book Leaning on a Legacy – WPA Projects in Oklahoma” by Marjorie Barton.” (waymarking.com)