Lincoln School Addition – El Reno

<— Back to Research

Address:  500 S. Keith Ave. El Reno, OK 73036 County: Canadian
Started:   Completed:  1940

Current Usage:

Description:

“The gymnasium addition on the north end is a tall one-story addition faced with light cream colored brick. This is a windowless building, with some high windows on the north having been bricked in. The roof is basically flat, with a very slightly pitched center for drainage.

“The entrance facing east has two sets of double wood doors, flanked by a dark stacked-brick surround. The entrance is covered with a flat metal canopy roof. Concrete stairs lead from the sidewalk level to the street.

“This addition was constructed in 1940 by the Works Progress Administration (WPA) with an appropriation of $43,250.”

Sources:

  1. Oklahoma Landmarks Inventory Nomination
  2. The Living New Deal
  3. Waymarking.com

Supported Documents:

Photos: