|Address:||312 W. Harrison Ave., Guthrie, OK.||County||Oklahoma|
In 1940, the contents of the Stillwater National Youth Administration machine shop were relocated to Guthrie. The machine shop was moved into a city owned building, built one year prior as the waterworks project warehouse located at 312 W. Harrison Ave. The machine shop employed 100 youths, while teaching them job skills. The shop was to be used to build and maintain county, school, and city furnishings. By the time the shop held it’s “open house” in October of 1940, it had already produced 275 bed frames, 323 chairs, and 40 special chairs for the bomber squadron in Oklahoma City.
WPA APPROPRIATION: $23,903
- Logan County Historical Society
- Oklahoma Landmarks Inventory Nomination
- The Living New Deal