|Address:||326 North 7th Street, Perry Oklahoma 73077||Country||Noble|
The historic post office building in Perry, Oklahoma was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which was completed in 1939, is still in use today. A New Deal mural that had been housed in the post office lobby has since been relocated to a nearby museum.
The Perry Post office was built in 1939 with Treasury Department funds as part of the New Deal programs. It is a one-story brick building with a west-facing entrance accessed by eight stairs. There is a partial basement and a concrete water table. The windows are single, multi-paned units with stone sills and lintels.
The entrance consists of double aluminum and glass doors with narrow sidelights. Above the entrance engraved in the concrete is “UNITED STATES POST OFFICE / PERRY OKLAHOMA”.
The roof is hipped with a cupola. The iron light fixtures flanking the front entrance are original to the building. In 1967, additions were added to the east (rear) and south sides to expand the facilities. Also, at the northwest corner, a handicap ramp and entrance were added.