|Address:||1401 E Independence St, Shawnee, OK 74804||Country||Pottawatomie|
A Two story buff brick building with an elaborate stone entrance. According to the Oklahoma Landmark Inventory Database the second floor to this school was funded by the WPA in 1940 at a cost of $43, 143. As the construction work is highly detailed, it is most likely that the actual construction was completed by an outside building contractor.
Above the main entrance is a stone faux balcony, with a scalloped parapet in a Mission style. At the ends of the building are also scalloped parapets with brick cross designs outlined in cast stone. The windows, patterned after the ground level, are constructed in sets of five.
The school is currently in use as Sequoyah Elementary School. 
- The Living New Deal – https://livingnewdeal.org/projects/sequoyah-school-addition-oklahoma-city-ok/
- Oklahoma Landmark Inventory Database – http://oli_shpo.okstate.edu/resultquery.aspx?id=67949&pbc=P