|Address:||Chandler, OK 74834||County:||Lincoln|
“Spring Dell School was built in 1936 as a WPA project at a cost of $4,000. It served as a school until 1976 when the district was annexed by Chandler, Meeker and White Rock districts. A plaque on the building reads: “Spring Dell District 75 / 1936 / WPA Project 980″.
This is a native stone one-room school house, which has exposed rafters and a gable roof. The stone has been painted an earth tone. The typical WPA ribbon windows which consisted of a set of five nine-over-nine wood windows have been infilled with weatherboarding, leaving very small two-pane windows. There are two single entrance doors. The entrance at the back (east) has a shed canopy, while the main entrance on the west has a gable entry roof. South of the building are the original stone well house and a storm cellar. A native stone retaining wall runs along the west side of the property. The school building is currently occupied as a residence and access could not be gained to the property, and can be seen only from a distance.
The school is located six miles east of Hwy 177 on CR960, then just north on CR3430. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.” (waymarking.com)
According to the NRHP report, the school building is now a private residence.