Copied from Oklahoma District Civilian Conservation Corps Pictorial Review, 1938, page 43:
Company 1810 of CCC was organized June 3, 1933 of men from almost every county in the state of Oklahoma. Ten days were spent in Fort Sill conditioning the men. Captain Alpha Brumage, Field Artillery, was placed in command of the company, with First Lieutenant Russell Cooper, A. C, second in command.
Construction of a permanent barracks commenced November 1. Five new Barracks, an Infirmary, an Officers’ Quarters, an enlarged Bathhouse, and a Leaders’ Building were completed and occupied by Thanksgiving Day.
On September 9, 1933, the company was transferred to Binger, Oklahoma.
The morale of this camp ranks among the highest.
- Oklahoma District Civilian Conservation Corps Pictorial Review, 1938, pages 42-44.