- Accomplishments: Works Progress Administration for Oklahoma/ July 1, 1935 – March 1, 1937. Oklahoma City: Works Progress Administration, 1937.
- Baird, W. David. “Final Report: WPA Structures Thematic Survey (Phase III). 11 Stillwater, Oklahoma: Oklahoma State University, 1987.
- Franks, Kenny A. Citizen Soldiers; Oklahoma’s National Guard. Norman, Oklahoma: University of Oklahoma Press, 1983.
- Historical Annual; National Guard of the State of Oklahoma, 1938. Baton Rouge, Louisiana: Army and Navy Publishing Company, 1938.
- U.S. Work Projects Administration, Oklahoma; Final Report of Activities and Accomplishments, (Washington, D.C., 1943),(Typewritten manuscript, Documents Section, Edmon Low Library, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma.)
- Journey Toward Hope: A History of Blacks in Oklahoma Hardcover – December 1, 1982 by Jimmie Lewis Franklin
- The Chandler (Oklahoma) News-Publicist. May 1935 through March 1937.
- The Chandler (Oklahoma) News-Publicists, 25 July 1935.
- The Chandler News-Publicist, 20 June 1935.
- 5 Ibid., 29 October 1936.
- Ibid., 12 February 1936, 24 February 1937; The Chandler NewsPublicist , 7 January 1937.
- The Chandler News-Publicist, 15 August 1935.
- Lincoln County (Oklahoma) Republican,
- 24 February 1937.
- Lincoln County (Oklahoma) Republican. May 1935 through March 1937.
Keith L. Bryant, Jr., “Oklahoma in the New Deal,” in The New Deal, Vol. 2, The State and Local Levels, ed. John Braeman, Robert H. Bremner, and David Brody (Columbus: Ohio State University Press, 1975).
Norman W. Cooper, “Oklahoma in the Great Depression, 1930–1940: The Problem of Emergency Relief” (M.A. thesis, University of Oklahoma, 1973).
Loren Gatch, “Money Matters: The Stamp Scrip Movement in Depression-Era Oklahoma,” The Chronicles of Oklahoma 84 (Fall 2006).
Loren Gatch, “‘This is Not United States Currency’: Oklahoma’s Emergency Scrip Issues during the Banking Crisis of 1933,” The Chronicles of Oklahoma 82 (Summer 2004).
Kenneth E. Hendrickson, Jr., ed., Hard Times in Oklahoma: The Depression Years (Oklahoma City: Oklahoma Historical Society, 1983).
James R. Scales and Danney Goble, Oklahoma Politics: A History (Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 1982).
Donald Worster, Dust Bowl: The Southern Plains in the 1930s (New York: Oxford University Press, 1979).