- Accomplishments: Works Progress Administration for Oklahoma/ July 1, 1935 – March 1, 1937. Oklahoma City: Works Progress Administration, 1937.
- Baird, W. David. “Final Report: WPA Structures Thematic Survey (Phase III). 11 Stillwater, Oklahoma: Oklahoma State University, 1987.
- Franks, Kenny A. Citizen Soldiers; Oklahoma’s National Guard. Norman, Oklahoma: University of Oklahoma Press, 1983.
- Historical Annual; National Guard of the State of Oklahoma, 1938. Baton Rouge, Louisiana: Army and Navy Publishing Company, 1938.
- U.S. Work Projects Administration, Oklahoma; Final Report of Activities and Accomplishments, (Washington, D.C., 1943),(Typewritten manuscript, Documents Section, Edmon Low Library, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma.)
- Journey Toward Hope: A History of Blacks in Oklahoma Hardcover – December 1, 1982 by Jimmie Lewis Franklin
- Solomon Sir Jones Films, 1924-1928
- Chronicles of Oklahoma, Volume 69, Number 4, Winter 1991-92 – 45th Infantry mobilize to WWII, POW Camps, Women during the War.
- Chronicles of Oklahoma, Volume 63, Number 4, Winter 1985-1986 Page: 361 – Politics of Culture – The Federal Music Project in Oklahoma
- Chronicles of Oklahoma, Volume 74, Number 3, Fall 1996 Page: 302 – Oklahoma and the Medal of Honor
- Chronicles of Oklahoma, Volume 68, Number 1, Spring 1990 Page: 72 – Politics and Art – The Controversial Birth of the Oklahoma Writer’s Project
- Chronicles of Oklahoma, Volume 70, Number 04, Winter 1992-1993 Page: 356 – Battle cry for History: The First Century of the Oklahoma Historical Society.
- Chronicles of Oklahoma, Volume 96, Number 1, Spring 2018 Page: 4 – Battle Cry for History: The First 125 Years of the Oklahoma Historical Society.
- Chronicles of Oklahoma, Volume 94, Number 1, Spring 2016 Page: 58 – The YMCA’s Y-Chapel of Song and the Central Plate
- Chronicles of Oklahoma, Volume 76, Number 2, Summer 1998 Page: 116 – The Best City in The Best County – Enid’s Golden Years 1916-1941
- Chronicles of Oklahoma, Volume 78, Number 2, Summer 2000 Page: 196 – Western Oklahoma’s Regiment The 179th Infantry
- Chronicles of Oklahoma, Volume 58, Number 2, Summer 1980 Page: 176 – The Restoration of Old Fort Gibson
- The Chandler (Oklahoma) News-Publicist. May 1935 through March 1937.
- The Chandler (Oklahoma) News-Publicists, 25 July 1935.
- The Chandler News-Publicist, 20 June 1935.
- 5 Ibid., 29 October 1936.
- Ibid., 12 February 1936, 24 February 1937; The Chandler NewsPublicist , 7 January 1937.
- The Chandler News-Publicist, 15 August 1935.
- Lincoln County (Oklahoma) Republican,
Keith L. Bryant, Jr., “Oklahoma in the New Deal,” in The New Deal, Vol. 2, The State and Local Levels, ed. John Braeman, Robert H. Bremner, and David Brody (Columbus: Ohio State University Press, 1975).
Norman W. Cooper, “Oklahoma in the Great Depression, 1930–1940: The Problem of Emergency Relief” (M.A. thesis, University of Oklahoma, 1973).
Loren Gatch, “Money Matters: The Stamp Scrip Movement in Depression-Era Oklahoma,” The Chronicles of Oklahoma 84 (Fall 2006).
Loren Gatch, “‘This is Not United States Currency’: Oklahoma’s Emergency Scrip Issues during the Banking Crisis of 1933,” The Chronicles of Oklahoma 82 (Summer 2004).
Kenneth E. Hendrickson, Jr., ed., Hard Times in Oklahoma: The Depression Years (Oklahoma City: Oklahoma Historical Society, 1983).
James R. Scales and Danney Goble, Oklahoma Politics: A History (Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 1982).
Donald Worster, Dust Bowl: The Southern Plains in the 1930s (New York: Oxford University Press, 1979).
“Questions and Answers on the WPA,” Available in the Vertical Files, Oklahoma Historical Society Research Library, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. December 1939
Ware, James. “The Sooner NRA: New Deal Recovery in Oklahoma.” The Chronicles of Oklahoma LIV:3 (Fall 1976), 339-351.
Oklahoma Historic Bridge Survey: Depression-Era Works Program Bridges And Road-Related Resources
WPA Resolution – https://www.loc.gov/law/help/statutes-at-large/74th-congress/session-1/c74s1ch48.pdf
FDR Speeches – https://www.fdrlibrary.org/utterancesfdr#afdr012