|Address:||802 E. Vilas, Guthrie, OK 73044||County||Logan|
Guthrie Public Schools Administration Offices
Capitol School was built in 1935 as a neighborhood elementary school. 48 men were allocated for this project, along with $23,590 of WPA funds, plus $20, 529 from the city. This one-story school was designed with modern heating, lighting, and sewage systems. It included 10 class rooms, a principal’s office, library, cafeteria and restrooms. It was built at the same time as Banner and Page Elementary Schools, which were very similar in design and appearance. The Capitol School building is now used as the Guthrie Public Schools administrative offices. The building has a WPA marker installed by the front door.