|Address:||Spring and 14th Streets, Collingsville, Oklahoma 040, Tulsa County 143||County:||Tulsa|
A single story, L-shaped (33′ x 155′ vertically, with an extension of 32′ x 25′) structure, Central school was constructed of used red brick and it contains decorative elements of groins and friezes. The north front was composed of a series of arches. This latter element has now been enclosed and covered with a stucco material, totally impairing the architectural integrity of the building.
The significance of this structure lies in the fact that it was constructed from bricks taken from the old Ninth Ward School built originally in 1912. Also significant is the design, totally different than any other WPA-built school in Oklahoma. It remains the only building in Collinsville that has any relationship to the WPA.
VERBAL BOUNDARY DESCRIPTION: The southeast corner of Block 72, Collinsville original plat.