|Address:||Randlett Park Anadarko, OK 73005||County:||Caddo|
“This WPA filtration plant is located in historic Randlett Park. The Park was originally established before statehood in 1907, and has been added to and improved over the years. Randlett Park is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The park is located at the highest point of town, alongside the Washita River. In 1904, a hydroelectric facility wth dam, waterworks and turbines was built along the banks of the river. The plant was enlarged with the construction of this “new” plant building, with a WPA appropriation of $78,808 and construction began in 1940.
This is a two-story brick power plant…
A detailed description of the power plant facilities and operations can be found on the National Register nomination (section 7, Pages 10-12) (visit link) Additional photos on the Oklahoma Landmark Inventory listing show additional views of this building. (visit link)” (waymarking.com)