Fitzhugh School – Fitzhugh

<— Back to Research

Address:   County Pontotoc
Started   Completed 1940

Current Usage:

Description:

The Fitzhugh schoolhouse is a single-story, rectangular ( 5 5′ x 41 ‘) structure constructed of rusticated and coursed native stone. The gabled roof is covered by wood shingles. There are four single door entryways with stoops covered by small gable porches supported by braces. Wood sash windows have stone sills.[1]

VERBAL BOUNDARY DESCRIPTION: Lots 1 through 6 of Block 7, and Lots 1 through 24 of Block 8, both in Hattox Addition to Fitzhugh original plat

Sources:

  1. Oklahoma Landmarks Inventory Nomination

Supported Documents:

WPA Properties Pontotoc County – Fitzhugh School

Photos: