|Address:||206 NW 5th St. Guymon, OK 73942||County:||Texas|
Destroyed due to heavy damage
The historic former Guymon post office had housed a New Deal mural entitled “Harvest”. The work was commissioned by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts and was completed by artist Jay Risling in 1939. However, the work was heavily damaged and moved to No Man’s Land Historical Museum in Goodwell .
- Oklahoma Landmarks Inventory Nomination
- The Living New Deal
- Park, Marlene and Gerald E. Markowitz, Democratic vistas: Post Offices and Public Art in the New Deal, Temple University Press, Philadelphia 1984.
- Thematic Survey of New Deal Era Public Art in Oklahoma 2003-2004, Project Number: 03-401 (Department of Geography, Oklahoma State University).
- No Man’s Land Historical Society Annual Meeting on October 4, Oklahoma Panhandle University News page.
- Bio on https://www.artland.com/artists/jay-risling.