|Address:||101 E 5th Street, Edmond, OK.||County||Oklahoma|
|Agencies:||WPA||NRHP:||December 2, 1993|
A single story native stone building constructed in 1936 using a Craftsman architecture style. This building is located at the SW corner of Stephenson Park facing south to 5th street. There is a small gable over the entrance and wide overhangs with exposed wood rafters inside. The interior has three rooms, a large meeting hall, kitchen, and storage area. There is a large stone fireplace that is located along the west wall. The building is currently used as a meeting place for the VFW post 4938.
It provided employment for 12 workers for six months during WPA at a cost of $7000, which the Federal government provided all but $2000. The American Legion post furnished the balance. The building committee consisted of Sam Johnson, chairman; Frank Buell, Jr.; Fred Settle and William Thompson. John Drennon served as foreman for the project. 
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1993.
- The Living New Deal
- WPA in Edmond, Edmond Historical Society
- National Register of Historic Places
- Oklahoma Landmarks Inventory Nomination
- Wikipedia Article
- American Legion official Website
- AL_Hut_Edmond – Dianna Everett (March 21, 1993)
- National Register of Historic Places Registration Form