|Address:||123 E. Delaware Street, Tahlequah, Oklahoma 74464||County||Cherokee|
The historic post office building in Tahlequah, Oklahoma was constructed with federal funds and completed in 1937. It has been re-purposed as the municipal Chamber of Commerce.
“The building, built in 1936 at a cost of $24,000, was the one time home of our local post office. After the post office moved to its current location, the building served as the accounting department of First Bank & Trust Co. and was donated to the Chamber by Bank IV.”
- The Living New Deal – https://livingnewdeal.org/projects/old-post-office-tahlequah-ok/
- National Archives: RG 121, BS Series: Records of the Public Buildings Service: Completion views of federal buildings (prints) alphabetically by state and thereunder by city, to 1966. Box 73.
- Tahlequah Chamber of Commerce – http://www.tahlequahchamber.com/about.html